Summer Time!

Summer Time!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 4: Weekly Update


  1. Last week my goal was: to be completely smoke free by Dec. 1st and... drum role please....... I DID IT!! Today is my second day of being completely smoke free! I did it with the help of the patch and focusing on my reasons for wanting to quit.
  2. My biggest challenge so far came on thursday when i bought a pack of smoke and smoked half of it that night. However, I was back on track the next day and hated the way I fet after I smoked. For the past two days, even though I thought about smoking, I was able to push the thoughts out of my mind. I went out with my friend yesterday and was able to talk with her while she smoked without asking for a cigarett or feeling like I had to leave. It's good for me to know that I can still be around my friends who smoke without smoking.  
  3. I felt really bad when I had that major setback on thursday, and a friend called me on it. He told me his was disappointed that I had started smoking and that if I smoke when I'm sad or frustrated I'll never quit. I felt horrible, like I had failed and I hated myself (just for a second). But i knew he said those things out of love, so i was able to get back on the horse on friday. 
  4. I learned that even if you fall you don't have to stay on the ground. It's hard to get back up but if and when you do you are that much stronger. 
  5. Most of all I want to continue to be a non-smoker so I will keep that goal and as a secondary goal I will add: I will drink 73 oz of water everyday for the next week. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS MOLLY!!! Happy day #2 of being a non-smoker!!! It will be the start of many smoke free days I'm sure! You are the greatest, keep it up!!! Way to challenge yourself even further by the extra water intake! You are on your way to being the healthiest gal i know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for being a non-smoker! I'm so glad to hear that even if you have a mishap it's up to you to get back on track, and that's exactly what you did. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! That is amazing how fast you kicked your habit. I give you props! I am so happy for you. At least your friends are looking out for you, they do not need to make you feel bad about yourself, but as long as they are there to support you that is awesome. Your next SMART goal is one I was considering to do myself. For some reason during winter my water intake decreases dramatically. Good luck with your next goal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly, excellent work! Between this and your photo essay, you have done some great things. I loved what you said about falling and getting back up. That is so true. Good luck with your next goal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Molly, congratulations that's awesome that you haven't smoked in a couple days now! I'm really happy for you and it seems like you are really starting to come into your own. It is very important to have a support system when going through a behavior change like this and it's nice that people are looking out for you. I'm sure you felt bad about your setback but you did get back on the horse and that's all that matters. Way to go Molly and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete