Summer Time!

Summer Time!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 3: Weekly Update



1. My SMART goal was to decrease my tobacco usage to three smokes per day. And yesterday I smoked zero ciggarets and today I only had one smoke. That may seem like a setback but I think it’s a huge improvement! I can can can do this!
2. I continued to use the patch and kept myself busy when I had the urge to smoke. I also wrote out the reasons I wanted to quit and looked at them everyday (even on the days I decided to smoke). The biggest challenge was when my mom who smokes came to visit and we had drinks on my birthday. I totally botched that day but got right back on the horse after she left. I also had to distance myself from my friends who smoke because that is a trigger for me.
3. When my friends went out to smoke I felt excluded so instead of moping I did something productive, like dishes or laundry while they were out.
4. I learned that if I set my mind to something I can do it! Everyone has been really supportive and even my smoker friends have been really cool about it. One says she wants to quit too now!
5. My goal for this week: I will finish with Step 2 of the Patch in order to be completely smoke free by Dec. 1st

Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 3 hosted by Amy@Amy in the Rain

4 comments:

  1. Great progress Molly! We all get off track at times it is just important you got back on. I am very impressed with your progress and using the patch. It takes a lot of push to make yourself do something you may not be comfortable doing. Keep it up because maybe many more of your friends will decide to copy you and lead a healthier lifestyle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great Molly. I love that you said you can can can do this because you CAN! Self talk is so important and you should continue to tell yourself you can do it. Also, keep on using strategies to avoid situations that can be detrimental to your success. I am sure it would be hard to feel excluded. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Molly, it seems like you are making a lot of positive progress in achieving your SMART goal. Like Alicia stated above most of us get off track once in a while but it's whether you can get right back on is what matters and it seems like you're doing that. I can't imagine it's to easy to distance yourself from your friends but it sounds like from what you said that they are pretty cool about you quitting smoking which is really cool. Keep up the good work and You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHOO HOO!! GO MOLLY! Your determination rocks my world! I know you can do it and I am SO proud of you! Quitting smoking is definitely not an easy thing to do, and like you said, it's easy to get addicted to the habit of smoking. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete